Friday, February 25, 2011

Quick Update

It has been a whirlwind week for me. I travelled to Atlanta, GA for a work conference and only returned yesterday afternoon.  The very bright spot in my trip was that my best friends live down that way, and I was able to meet up with them and hang out after the conference was finished a couple days.  I am exhausted, and I want nothing more than to stay home all day and nap, paint, and sew.  I do have to go to work, however, and I'm reaching down deep to find the motivation to get ready to go to work today.

Thought I'd give a quick update on the week thus far though.....and no, I'm not procrastinating on getting ready for work.....ok, well yes I guess I am.  :)

I'm working on some trades and a couple projects for the very quickly-approaching Art and Soul retreat.  I cannot wait for this!!!!  I am going with Heather, and I know we will have the best time ever.  I can't wait to learn some new things.  I just signed up for a fat book swap, which will be the first fat book I have ever done.  I hope I get it right!  I'm also making a lot of ATC and ephemera swaps to take with me for random trades. 

I'm learning a lot about sewing.  I am working on a project for Art and Soul which has heavily used my sewing machine, but I don't want to share that until it is finished.  :)  But, the point is I am LOVING it and so far I have not stitched any finger together, lol. 

This weekend we don't have travel plans (Yay!!!!), so I hope to have lots of art time.  You know how frustrating it is when your creative muse is silent and you have a creative block?  I think it's almost equally frustrating when your creative muse is compelling you to create, and you're full of all these ideas but have no time to work on them. 

Hope you have all had a beautiful week.  Here's 3 cheers for FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

-Joy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like exciting times up ahead for you Joy! And I know what you mean about the "muse" issues... What's up with that, eh? I just want to create when I want to create and not create when I don't want to... Simple enough, you would think...

Thanks for stopping by my little blog for a visit, btw. Have a great weekend!