Friday, February 4, 2011

A Quick Post to share a WIP

Funny that I haven't blogged this week because I've been just CONSUMED by working in my art room.  I've made some ATCs for a mixed media swap (not entirely happy with those yet....they still need some work before they are swap-able) and I've started working on an altered record.  I totally scored with a lunch time trip to the salvation army near my work.  I got tons of items that I can alter or use for assemblage for $20.  What a great deal!

So one of the items I purchased was an old album.  I think it was titled Songs of America or something.  I thought it would be a great base for something to alter and hang on my wall in the art room!

I've been playing with this thing all week.  What fun I've had creating this, and it's by no means done.  Just wanted to share a quick pic of the work in progress.  She is my creative muse...the one who won't shut up this week, lol, ....the one who sees possibilities for beauty in junk.....the one who loves color and texture and grunge and flowers.  I like her.  So she's not done, she still needs wings I think.  But here she is so far:

I've been taking photos of the process along the way.  I'll post more later on how she was "born". 

Going to my mom's tonight to meet up with  my sister and visit my new little nephew.  He is the newest little man in my life, and such a heart stealer.  I can't wait, it's going to be so much fun.

Have a great weekend!!

Joy

No comments: