Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wow, what a hiatus....

It's a good thing I have the blogging without obligations badge on my blog, cuz it surely has been quite a hiatus since I last blogged. 

My Husband and I bought a new house and moved in.  I'm happy to say we are settled in nicely and loving it here.  I resigned from a job that was making me miserable and stealing the joy from my life (no pun intended), and right now I am a stay at home wife which both my husband and I are really enjoying.  I have enjoyed making a better quality of life for us at home and taking care of other errands and such so that my Husband doesn't have to bother with things once he's off from work.  Life is pretty darn good right now, I must say.  :)

As for my art I have been a busy bee.  I have really been enjoying art journaling, and I've also done a couple of mixed media pieces, one on a wooden board (a repurposed shelf, lol) and the other on a 16x20 canvas.

Here are a few of my art journal pages:





And here are the larger pieces:



I am looking for an iphone app that would allow me to use blogger on my mobile phone.  I haven't had much success in the app store, so if anyone knows of a good blogger app for iphone please let me know. 

I have more to share, but I'll save the rest of the updates for a later post.  I'm anxious to go check on my favorite blogs and see what you all have been up to while I was away!

Have a great day!!

-Joy

1 comment:

heather noye said...

how big is the last piece? it looks huge!!! did you get a new easel or is that a table top one? wow, you've been busy! so much work here :) i love the one you were telling me about, Pure of Heart, to go with your "of Heart" theme lol

hope you guys are having a great weekend. we are having a productive one lol