Sunday, August 28, 2011

Reworking an old canvas

Today I dug an old canvas out of the scrap pile and used a paint swatch to guide me for color inspiration. The canvas is 16x20 and the color pallets inspiration was as follows:





Here is the initial start at covering up the old content:




And here is the pile of collage papers I used to work with in keeping with the teal, cream, and light brown pallette:




I simply began placing papers at whatever place seemed right to my eye, being careful to turn the canvas often to get a fresh perspective. Herr are some in progress photos:










Next I brayered on some white acrylic paint to soften the look and added other circular collage elements as well as a focal image.




And lastly I added text. I wanted to leave this open to viewer interpretation a bit as to the meaning behind the piece. Here is the finished canvas. What does it say to you?







Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: